Monday 10 April 2023

VFB Stuttgart Season 2022 Match 27


VfL Bochum – VfB Stuttgart

Date: 9th April 2023, 5:30 pm

Result: 2 – 3

As you can see, my match report isn't black this week. VfB Stuttgart had a well deserved victory against Bochum which has lifted them off the bottom of the table, although they're still in the cellar.

Just a few words about the match. I was sitting in a tent at a kiosk close to my house, enjoying a Kebab with my son Benjamin. It was about 6 pm. I checked my phone to see the match result, and it was 1-0 for Stuttgart. I was wrongly of the opinion that the match had started at 3:30, so I thought it was the final score. A few minutes later a man came into the tent wearing a VfB scarf, so I congratulated him on the victory. "It's only half time", he said. Oops!

So Benjamin and I listened to the live radio report. More goals. First Bochum equalised, then Stuttgart pulled ahead, and the final score was a 3-2 win for Stuttgart. It was an exciting match, even though it was only radio.

Something weird happened in extra time. A fight broke out between the players after a foul against Konstantinos Mavropanos. According to the radio commentators, it was pushing and shoving mostly off the field by players on the benches. YouTube videos that I saw later showed that about 15 people were involved. The referee gave yellow cards to players who weren't even in the match. The commentators were unable to say who received yellow cards, because there were so many. They just said that it was a shower of yellow cards.

That wasn't the end. After the match Bochum's goalkeeper got into a fight with a fan, and his team mates had to separate them. It's a shame when a football match degenerates into aggression.

But at least Stuttgart is off the bottom of the table. Now two more victories are needed to get out of the cellar. Next week's opponent is Dortmund. That'll be a tough match, but I'm hoping for a win.

1. Bayern München 58
2. Dortmund 56
3. Union Berlin 51
4. RB Leipzig 48
5. SC Freiburg 47
6. Leverkusen 43
7. Eintracht Frankfurt 41
8. Mainz 41
9. Wolfsburg 39
10. Mönchengladbach 35
11. Werder Bremen 32
12. Köln 31
13. Augsburg 29
14. Hoffenheim 28
15. VfL Bochum 26
16. VfB Stuttgart 23
17. Hertha 22
18. Schalke 04 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.