Wednesday 19 April 2023

Die Hard (5 Stars)


The Stuttgart Nights festival begins tomorrow. What better way to get into the mood than to watch "Die Hard" yet again?

The last time I watched it I couldn't think of anything new to write about it. This month I'll just give the film's death count.

Twelve of the terrorists die. We only see ten of them die on screen, but we're told that two others die in the explosion that John McClane causes in the elevator shaft. Of the 13 terrorists, the only survivor is the hacker, Theo.

Four civilians are killed. That's two security guards and two hostages.

We don't see any policemen die, but I assume the death count is six. That would be four FBI agents in a helicopter crash and two other policemen when their car is destroyed by a rocket.

That's a total of 22 deaths. The official Die Hard fan site says there are 23, because one additional terrorist dies. I'll have to check carefully next time I watch it. The error is probably mine.

Success Rate:  + 3.6

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.