Sunday 24 January 2021

Stan Lee Love Stories 1 (September 1969)


For the last three months I've been unable to continue with my Marvel Years project because of bugs in Marvel's blogger software. I have no idea when they'll be fixed. It seems to be a big problem. To make up for the lack of Marvel in my blog, I intend to publish Stan Lee's love stories that he wrote from 1969 to 1972. They appeared in the comics "My Love" and "Our Love Story". He wrote love stories earlier in his career, from the 1940's onwards, but I shan't publish them because the authorship isn't clear. It wasn't customary to credit the writer and artist of comics until the early 1960's.

You can click on the following images to enlarge them.

Title: A boy, a girl and my broken heart!

Writer: Stan Lee
Artist: John Romita








You might be interested to read the editorial in the first issue of "My Love".


The comic is being pitched at teenage girls, but I'm sure many men will enjoy the stories. I certainly do. What's amusing is the statement that "this book is created for you by girls not too different from yourself". So who are the girls who've created this issue? Stan Lee, John Romita, John Buscema and Sal Buscema. Holy drag queens, Batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.