Wednesday 13 January 2021

The Little Witch (5 Stars)


I'm feeling a bit sick today, so I'll keep this review to a minimum. As some of you might know, I've suffered from low blood pressure for the last 30 years. I mean chronic blood pressure. When I first had it I frequently blacked out in public. After a couple of years I could recognise a feeling when my blood pressure was dropping, so I knew when I had to sit down and rest. I've only occasionally been given medication, because the tablets to raise blood pressure all have side effects. In November my doctor considered my blood pressure was dangerously low, so I started taking Astonin for two months, which should have been up next week. At the weekend I had a bad headache and dizziness, but no low blood pressure feeling. I checked my blood pressure out of curiosity –  usually I only check my blood pressure when it feels low – and it was 177 / 125. I was shocked. It's never been that high before. I stopped the tablets immediately. The next morning it was 194 / 118. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. Let's see what she says.


Sometimes I think that modern medicine is a failure. After 30 years nobody has figured out a permanent fix for my blood pressure problems. I wish I had a beautiful witch like Karoline Herfurth to give me medicinal herbs hand-picked in the forest.


I'll try to write a bit more the next time I watch this wonderful film. Until then, check out what I wrote in my first review.

The film hasn't been released on disc in English, but I'm happy to say that it's available on Amazon Prime in America. God bless Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.