Saturday 9 January 2021

TV Series: Dexter Season 3b


Today I finished watching the third season of "Dexter" (again). I vaguely remember considering this the weakest season, but it's still extremely exciting.

Pictured above is Astor Bennett, played by Christina Robinson. I don't know how old Astor is supposed to be, but the actress was 10 years old at the time. She was in six of the eight seasons, so it would be interesting to put together a gallery of the way she developed from the ages of 8 to 14. It didn't occur to me while watching the first two seasons, but by the time I get to the eighth season I'll find time to go back and look for appropriate screenshots.


Talking about development, there seems to be a big jump in the characters between episode 3 and episode 4. The episodes are supposed to take place within days of one another, but there must have been a longer gap in filming. Compare these two photos of Joseph Quinn (Desmond Harrington) and Debra Morgan (Jennifer Carpenter).


You see what I mean?


Dexter is struggling to tie his tie in front of a mirror. It's not difficult if you know how, but evidently Dexter doesn't know how. He needs help from his sister. But how does she know how to do it?


That's what it should look like. I first wore a tie when I started grammar school at the age of 11. Over the years I went through phases when I wore ties and when I didn't. It wasn't just about work. I went through a phase when I liked to wear bright, psychedelic ties. Now I haven't worn a tie for at least 15 years. I've been invited to a wedding later this year, so I'll have to buy myself a tie again. I'm panicking in case I've forgotten how to tie it. I'll need a mirror for my first attempt.


This is the reason for the tie. The season ends with Dexter getting married. Or is that a spoiler?

I don't know when I'll continue with the fourth season. I'm watching with my son Benjamin, and I don't know when the Coronavirus lockdown rules will allow us to meet again.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.