Wednesday 6 January 2021

TV Series: Dexter Season 2


I've been watching the "Dexter" for the last two days. Today I finished the second season. How much can I say without giving away spoilers? In this season 30 bodies are found in Dexter's dumping ground, providing evidence that a serial killer is in town. The killer is called the Bay Harbour Butcher, a name that Dexter intensely dislikes. When it's discovered that the victims are either convicted or suspected murderers, the fingers are pointed at the Miami Metro Police Department. Is there a vigilante within the department?

There are new lovers for both Dexter and his sister Debra. Dexter dates a recovering addict called Lila, who he meets at an AA meeting. Debra dates Agent Lundy, the head of the FBI task force sent to hunt the Bay Harbour Butcher.


Lauren Velez returns as Lieutenant Maria LaGuerta. Do police lieutenants always dress so sexily at work?

I'm stopping and starting my Dexter binge. I only watch it when I'm with my son Benjamin. I watched it when it was first shown on television, from 2006 to 2013, but it's Benjamin's first time. Today I only intended to watch as far as the 10th episode (of 12), but Benjamin didn't want to stop. "Das ist echt spannend". I agree. Maybe we can get through season 3 in the next three days. I hope so.


For reasons unknown to me, the Dexter box set hasn't been released on Blu-ray in England. Fortunately, it's available in every other country in Europe, including Germany. Don't blame Brexit, this was already the case in 2017. Fortunately, the German box set (which I should probably call the international box set) contains the original English dialogue as default. True Dexter fans will order it from abroad.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.