Tuesday 22 November 2022

Overdose (2 Stars)



A Moroccan gang is driving a convoy with drugs (cannabis and cocaine) from Spain to France. That shouldn't be a difficult task in a European Union with open borders, but an undercover policeman has been planted in the gang. The police don't want to intervene until the drugs arrive in Carcassonne, because they want to catch the buyer red-handed, a respected businessman without a criminal record. Various mishaps on the journey lead to sporadic violence.

The film is dull, mainly due to the bland, underdeveloped characters. I didn't feel sympathy for any of them, neither the police nor the gangsters. When a love affair began between two police officers in the last half hour of the film my immediate thoughts were, "Why now? Couldn't they have done this at the beginning of the film to make the characters more interesting?" I feel like I've wasted two hours of my life.

The film is only available on Amazon Prime. Give it a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.