Tuesday 20 September 2022

Carrie [1976] (5 Stars)


This is the 27th film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

All the other films in the festival are new films, as to be expected in a film festival. "Carrie", made in 1976, was included in the programme to celebrate Stephen King's 75th birthday. Before the film began, a prize was offered to the first person to say when Stephen King will become 75. My hand shot up immediately. It's tomorrow. I've always known when his birthday is, because he has the same birthday as me. My prize was the film "Jakob's Wife" on Blu-ray. I've never seen it, so I'll be glad to watch it some time in the next few days.

This is a classic film, a masterpiece of cinema which most of my readers will already know, so I shan't write anything about it. On the other hand, I was sitting at a table with three of my friends after the film, and I was shocked to hear that none of them had seen it before. Terrible! But at least they've seen it now.

Success Rate:  + 16.8

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.