Saturday 17 September 2022

Something in the Dirt (4 Stars)


This is the 13th film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

John and Levi live in the same apartment building in San Francisco. John is a photographer, Levi is a barkeeper. They find a crystal that sporadically floats in the air and shines bright lights. They bring the crystal into Levi's apartment to investigate the phenomenon further, but they want to make money out of it, so they film a documentary of themselves examining the crystal. After initially thinking it's some sort of ghost, they believe that there's a scientific explanation. Then they develop an elaborate conspiracy theory, based on clues that the city of San Francisco was designed in the form of this crystal. The theories become more and more complex, and they're developed so fast that I felt the need to make notes. It's impossible to keep up with the rapidly advancing thoughts of the two would-be scientists. Since I couldn't write notes in the dark cinema, I forgot most of what was said.

This is a crazy film, mostly serious but with a few amusing scenes. I really need to watch it again, and when I do I'll make sure that I have a pen and paper at my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.