Tuesday 20 September 2022

The Price We Pay (3 Stars)


This is the 26th film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

Four men rob a pawn shop. The owner tries to shoot them, but he's killed in the shootout. The getaway driver panics when he hears the shooting and leaves, so they force a customer to drive them away. This makes her their hostage, but they promise to let her go as soon as possible.

The car breaks down near a farm. They want to hide for a few hours, but they're overpowered by the farm's owner, a doctor who sells human organs. He extracts the organs from people while they're still alive. Two of the robbers are killed. The survivors have to fight for their lives.

This is the goriest film of the festival so far. I found it totally disgusting and almost had to turn my head away from some scenes. Almost. Normally I'd give a film that I dislike so much a one star rating, but I have to acknowledge that it's a well made film, so I'll give it a higher rating. If you like blood and gore, this is a film for you. I shan't watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.