Monday 19 September 2022

American Carnage (4 Stars)


This is the 23rd film in the Stuttgart Fantasy Film Festival.

An American governor (presumably in Texas) issues an executive order that all illegal immigrants should be arrested. In addition, the children of illegal immigrants are also to be arrested, even if they were born in America. By failing to report their parents to the authorities they've become guilty of aiding illegal immigration.

The parents have no way of getting out of jail, but the children have a chance. There's a lack of care workers, so everyone who trains as a care worker for old people will be released. The film follows five friends who accept this offer, and we see them training under the most difficult of conditions, having to care for demented old people. They begin to suspect that none of them will ever be able to complete their training.

This is a trashy film with exaggerated action sequences. It polarised the audience. When I spoke with my friends after the film, some loved it while others hated it. It was difficult for me to make up my mind. I've given the film a good rating today, but I might change my mind and give it a bad rating next time I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.