Thursday 26 May 2022

Cold Prey (3 Stars)


Back in 2017 I found this film in the bargain bin at Saturn, a big media shop opposite my cinema. I watched it once and didn't think I'd watch it again, but today my son Benjamin asked if he could watch it, so I sat with him. It was given away free with a Sony Playstation 4 as an example of a Blu-ray disc.

The advertising material calls this the best slasher movie ever made. Claims like that are common, and they're never true. If a film really is the best slasher movie ever made, or even in the top 10, it will speak for itself.

One thing I noticed today is that the film isn't very Norwegian. What I mean is, Scandinavian horror films usually have a very slow pace, relying on atmosphere rather than jump scares. That isn't the case with "Cold Prey". It's more like American horror films; or rather, it's more like low-budget American films.

The film has inspired two other films in the series, a sequel and a prequel, so it must have been successful. My son loved it, and he says I should give it five stars. I told him he should write his own blog. In my opinion, three stars is all it deserves.

Order from Amazon.com
Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.