Monday 2 May 2022

Hospital Day 18


This is a photo of the Robert Bosch lung clinic taken from the back. My room is at the top, in the centre of the picture. It's the one with the two large windows on either side of the drainpipe. I took the photo yesterday while I was out walking. It was easy to find. My room overlooks a path through the woods, which narrowed it down. All the rooms except for mine have blinds drawn.

I'm running out of interesting photos to use for my hospital posts. I hoped I could present lots of photos of pretty nurses, but only one of them agreed to pose. The Germans are different to the English. In an English hospital I could persuade most nurses to pose for my blog. The Germans on the whole are scared of being exposed. There's a German obsession with Datenschutz, i.e. data protection. The laws are even different about taking photos in the street. I might progress to using random photos for my hospital posts. I'll decide by tomorrow.

Last night I slept for four hours, from 1:30 am to 5:30 am. I was excited when I woke up. Today a second bronchoscopy was planned to finally find out the reason for my infection. So I didn't get any breakfast, because I needed an empty stomach. I'd been told my bronchoscopy would be at 10 am. So I waited. And waited. And waited. 10 o'clock came. 11 o'clock came. At 11:30 am I was finally informed that the bronchoscopy wouldn't be done today. No reason.

That leaves me suffering in frustration. When are the next decisions going to be taken about my hospital stay? When am I going to get the magic injection that'll cure me and send me home? I know as much now as I did three weeks ago.

I haven't mentioned until now how I've been spending my spare time in hospital. I've been bingeing on Marvel's "Agents of SHIELD". I watched the first two seasons while I was in England. They were included with Amazon Prime. Then I moved to Germany, and it wasn't available on the German version of Amazon Prime or anywhere else. Finally, about a month ago, the complete series of "Agents of SHIELD" was added to Disney Plus.

I'll refrain from a full review, but I'll give my general thoughts. The first season was brilliant. I loved it. I was less enthusiastic about the second season. To be honest, I can't remember the second season so clearly. That shows that it didn't make a big impression on me.

I watched the third season last week in Robert-Bosch-Krankenhaus, and I was disappointed. There were too many characters running about. I wish the series could have concentrated on the core team. I was seriously considering quitting after the end of the season. Then I read that the fourth season would feature Ghost Rider, so I changed my mind. Unfortunately, it's not the real Ghost Rider, and he doesn't even ride a motorbike. The only real Ghost Rider is Johnny Blaze. The series uses a character called Robbie Reyes, who didn't appear in Marvel Comics until long into the post-canon phase. He's annoying. I was glad when he disappeared from the series after eight episodes.

But I'm still continuing, and I'm up to episode 14 so far. It's improving, although it's not up to the quality of the first season. The number of characters has been reduced. Other SHIELD agents are just anonymous soldiers who mostly get shot before we can get to know them.

I'm not sure what's next on my viewing list. I'll decide spontaneously. Of course, it all decides  on how long I stay in hospital. I've decided that "Banshee" will be top of my viewing list when I return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.