Friday 6 May 2022

Klaus Schulze: Another Green Mile (2002)


Klaus Schulze - Another Green Mile

KS Album 44

Track Listing:

1.Between Twilight and Dawn 13:20
2. In the Streets, in the Rain 04:33
3. The Wisdom of the Leaves 12:27
4. The story does unfold 12:05
5. Follow me down, follow me down 28:46

Bonus Track:

6.Voice 'n' Harmony 05:23

Notes:
(1) Wolfgang Tiepold plays cello.
(2) Tobias Becker plays oboe.
(3) Julia Messenger sings vocals.
(4) Mickes plays guitar.

Rating: 3½ Stars
Bonus Track: 3 Stars

This is the 44th solo album recorded by Klaus Schulze. It was originally released as the third album of the "Contemporary Works 2" box set. The five tracks run into one another as a single long track. The bonus track is taken from the 10th CD of "Contemporary Works 1" (2000).

"Another Green Mile" is better than the previous albums from the box set, but I don't find it exciting. The music is pleasant, but not memorable. I have so many Klaus Schulze albums, and I prefer to listen to the others.

There's a short comic strip included with the CD. Interpret it as you will.











2 comments:

  1. First off - dirty pool dropping Klaus's death into the middle of your harrowing Hospital adventures. (I know - you didn't set the timing)
    You know i've been off living in my own Odd little world. I hadn't heard until today. I was going to leave a comment on that post regarding Schulze's crossing the breech into comic book adventures, but didn't want to stop reading your hospital journal. (I'll be going back to add a couple comments later)
    I'm glad i waited. This is a better post for it...

    Matt Howarth, who created this comic, has a string of comics involving denizens of Bugtown, including a band (the Bulldaggers) whose cross-dimensional line-up includes Conrad Schnitzler and C'thul'hu. Klaus Schulze has been known to hang out with them. That's how Matt wound up creating that special insert for the album. (He's heavily involved in music, as you might guess. He's done a ton of Reviews in comic strip format, usually with Those Annoying Post Brothers, Ron and Russ, who are also members of the Bulldaggers. Hiroshima, the goddess born from the mass sacrifice of the atomic bomb, used to be a member, but she turned on them. I might be rambling...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Matt Howarth is another writer/artist I've never heard of!

      Delete

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.