Monday 23 May 2022

TV Series: The Avengers Season 4 Part 3


After finishing "Banshee" yesterday I've returned to "The Avengers", which I last watched in February. "The Avengers" is a series that can be easily interrupted, because the episodes are all standalone stories.

I have to offer a word of explanation for calling my reviews "Part 1", "Part 2", etc. "The Avengers" seasons aren't divided into parts. It's only my reviews that are divided. I hope that's cleared up the confusion.


"The Avengers" is one of my favourite series, especially the fourth season. I intended to name a top three of the season four episodes, but only two episodes stand out: "The House that Jack built" and "Death at Bargain Prices". I like all the other episodes equally.


Steed is a perfect gentleman. He maintains eye contact while talking with this busty blonde. It would have been too hard for me.


He even maintains eye contact when she jumps on his lap. Do you recognise the actress? It's Carol Cleveland, who's best known for appearing in "Monty Python's Flying Circus", the series and the films.


By the way, here's a question for pub quizzes: "What is Emma Peel's maiden name?" This newspaper clipping shown in "The House that Jack built" gives us the answer. Of course, if you're a serious Avengers fan you knew that already.


Here's another newspaper clipping. We're never told why Emma Knight left the company that she inherited from her father.


In my last Avengers review I included a lot of photos of Emma Peel's face. I don't apologise for it; Diana Rigg has an amazing face. Here's a character in the episode "What the Butler saw" whose office is practically a temple to Emma Peel. Look at the photos on his shelf.


Here's a closer look. But can you blame him?


I'd be happier with one large photo. Talk about obsession!


I'll leave you with my own personal photo gallery, screenshots taken from "The House that Jack built". The gun that she's carrying is so small that I thought it was a fake, but the ever reliable Internet Movie Firearms Database states that it's a Smith & Wesson 4th Model Revolver with a .32 calibre. I haven't been able to find a review of the gun, but I assume that it does its job.





















It will probably be a few months before I start watching season five. I have other viewing plans. Be patient, I'll get to it eventually.

Order from Amazon.co.uk
Order from Amazon.de

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.