Thursday 26 May 2022

7500 (4 Stars)


Three films in one day? It almost makes up for me watching so few films since I came home from hospital. Almost.

It was actually an accident that I watched this film today. I wanted to go to bed early, and then I noticed it was on television. I remembered enjoying it when I watched it on Amazon Prime two years ago, so I couldn't resist watching it again.

I don't have anything to add to my original review. Please click here to read it.

"7500" (not to be confused with the horror film "Flight 7500") is exclusive to Amazon Prime, so it's not available on disc.

One of the worst things about being so weak after leaving hospital is that I can't go to the cinema. This month is the worst possible time to stay at home. I've already missed "Morbius". I haven't seen "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness", which I expect to be the year's best film. My only hope is that it will stay in the cinema for another few weeks. "Operation Mincemeat" has just started in German cinemas, which has received rave reviews, but I doubt it will stay in the cinema long. Then there's "The Lost City", which is already in its fifth week, so I don't have much hope of catching it. And to top it all off, there's "Die Kirche bleibt im Dorf", a brilliant Swabian comedy that's returned to the cinemas for its tenth anniversary. That makes a total of five films, one that I've already missed and four that I'll probably miss. These are sad days.

The last paragraph should really be in one of my hospital posts. I'll copy and paste it into my next hospital post, updating any films that have already left the cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.