Thursday 5 May 2022

Klaus Schulze: Timbres of Ice (2002)


Klaus Schulze - Timbres of Ice

KS Album 43

Track Listing:

1.The Lonely Dead of Midnight 10:52
2. They shut him out of Paradise 41:41
3. Die Prophezeiung erfüllt sich 09:13

Notes:
(1) Thomas Kagermann plays flute and violin and sings vocals.
(2) Julia Messenger sings vocals.
(3) Mickes plays guitar.
(4) Tom Dams plays some groove loops.

Rating: 2½ Stars

This is the 43rd solo album recorded by Klaus Schulze. It was originally released as the second album of the "Contemporary Works 2" box set.

KDM numbered Klaus Schulze's solo albums when he began to rerelease them on CD. His numbering is inconsistent, but I consider it canon, unless he says otherwise. He only numbered the albums up to "Virtual Outback", number 91. I've decided to continue the numbering the way I think he would have continued it himself. I might be wrong, so I shan't be arrogant enough to call my numbering canon. My numbers are simply numbers.

It's difficult for me to write about this album. The first two tracks are pleasant music, but it's not Klaus Schulze, if you know what I mean. The third track is spoilt by the use of distorted, barely intelligible vocals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.