Friday 20 May 2022

Hospital Aftermath Day 17


This is my second report about my recovery from my lung infection. My first report was on the 11th day. Now it's my 17th day since I left hospital. I don't know whether I'm writing too often or not often enough. It makes things easier if I simply write every day, but you'd probably get bored if I just write "There's no news today".

I admit that this post's cover photo is just eye candy, intended to make people look at the post. I like sexy girls with baseball bats. Don't you? It works for Harley Quinn, so every girl should carry a bat.

My test results still haven't been returned from the laboratory. I'm getting frustrated. I need to know what caused the illness. Does it always take so long? Is it a new, previously unknown virus? They'd probably call it the Hood Virus, but I'd rather it's called the Dancer Virus.

I'm still eating boiled vegetables and semolina every day, but now I've added a small portion of meat for lunch. Sometimes the meat tastes good, sometimes it doesn't. Today I had a thinly cut pork steak, and it was delicious. Yesterday I attempted to drink coffee, but I had to pour it out. It tasted awful. For me that's the test: when I can drink coffee again, I'll know that my eating/drinking is back in order.

I've walked to the post office a few times since last week. It's 120 meters one way. That's about the most I can manage. I walk so slowly, like an old man. I don't know what's wrong with me. I want to get back to normal as soon as possible.

My feeling of weakness goes up and down. On Wednesday I felt relatively fit (apart from walking). Yesterday was a bad day, and I spent most of the day in bed. Today I feel good again. I have to take it a day at a time.

My eyes feel a lot better since I started treating my Bletharitis. They're still slightly sore, but it's bearable, and I'm sure it will improve with time.

That's all for now. I'll write again next week. I'll inform you straight away when I get the test results from the laboratory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tick the box "Notify me" to receive notification of replies.